Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Oaks Breakfast Casserole

Yet another Heidi special. I have my own recipes, promise. Her recipes are just different from mine and they have all been good so far. So I am posting them here (hope you don't mind Heidi!).
I had to make two egg type dishes for our ward Easter Eggstravaganza yesterday. This was easy and yummy. You do have to make it the night before though so you have to plan ahead.
No pic again. I was in a rush to get out the door. Next time.

8 slices white bread – cut the crusts off and cube in 1 inch pieces in a 9x13 pan.
2 lbs sausage (cooked).
Put sausage over bread
Beat together:
4 eggs
2 c. milk
1 tsp dry mustard
Pour over bread and sausage.
Add 2 c. grated cheddar cheese on top.
Refrigerate overnight.
Next morning:1 can cream of mushroom soup½ c. milk
Pour mixture over 9x13. Bake at 300 for 1 ½ hours (Covered with tin foil) The last 30-40 minutes, remove the foil).

2 comments:

Nikole March 31, 2008 at 2:10 PM  

MMM, love a good breakfast casserole. And what a fun idea, an "Easter Eggstravaganza"...did you eat alot of egg dishes?

Max Fam April 9, 2008 at 8:23 AM  

of course I don't mind! recipes are for sharing! :) glad you liked it!

hopefully your cookbook will be in soon and then I'll ship it to you! Take care!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP