Monday, September 17, 2007

German Pancakes

(German pancakes before the toppings)

We had breakfast for dinner tonight (has been a weekly thing for awhile now). This recipe was my favorite growing up along with Rolly Polies (did not know they were called crepes probably until I was in college). I've heard it called Hills & Valleys before too. My mom used to this with raspberry syrup (YUM). You can serve them with whatever- the standard maple syrup or powdered sugar will do. I actually like mine plain. But I serve the kids and Josh theirs with syrup. So easy and good. Oh and for some reason tonight's German pancakes didn't rise as much or look like they usually do (hmmm???)...so next time I'll post another pic. Still tasted good just didn't quite look the same. And be warned- you need to serve them quickly because the "hills and valleys" crash quickly.

6-8 eggs
½ c. sugar
½ c. flour
½ c. butter, melted
½ c.- 1c. milk
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat over 400F. Mix ingredients in order. Pour into greased 9x13 pan & bake for 20-24 minutes. Serve with berry/maple syrup or powdered sugar.

2 comments:

Wendi September 18, 2007 at 8:42 AM  

Brian makes these at least once a week at our house! (I've never even made them myself before.)

We call them volcanoes. Love the nicknames!

Heather S. September 18, 2007 at 11:20 AM  

Wow, your recipe is a little different than mine. We love these and have them all the time. I'm glad to see someone else calls them German Pancakes. My husbands family call them Hootenany Pancakes. I have no idea where that name came from.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP