Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Slow Cooker Tex Mex Chicken


This is a new one. Tried it tonight for the first time. It was good. I knew I'd be gone most of the afternoon with no time to cook so I switched my menu up a bit and decided to do a crockpot meal tonight. I got the recipe here. All kids liked it...it was spicy but not too bad. The picture does not do it justice (looks like chili in the pic but tastes nothing like it). Next time I think I'll top it with sour cream too.

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
2 Tbsp. (1/2 of 1-1/4-oz. pkg.) Taco Seasoning Mix
2 Tbsp. flour
1 each: green and red pepper, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
1 cup frozen corn
1-1/2 cups salsa
1 cup Mexican Style Shredded Four Cheese (I just used regular cheddar)
TOSS chicken with seasoning and flour in slow cooker. Stir in all remaining ingredients except the shredded cheese; cover with lid.
COOK on LOW for 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours).
STIR just before serving. Top with the shredded cheese. Serve over rice.


2 comments:

shron October 21, 2007 at 3:31 PM  

i, crystal's mom, am browsing your food blog after crystal advised me to look for good recipes here. your food looks divine, your pictures are mouth-watering and i wish i was coming over for dinner! lucious. write a cookbook. thanks!

Letti December 2, 2007 at 8:22 PM  

Thank you , Thank you, Thank you. I made this recipe last night and my family loved it. I feel like I am always making the same 10 recipe's over and over. I have now made two of your recipe's that you have posted. Thanks for making my family love my cooking again.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP