Friday, September 14, 2007

Baked Tortellini


I got this yummy recipe from Mommy Cooks. She got it from Giada. I tried it tonight for the first time and it was a big hit. I tweaked the original recipe a bit because of what I had available and doubled it because it was meant for an 8x8 but I knew we'd need more. I'll definitely make again.


courtesy of Giada deLaurentiis
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups marinara sauce (used Newman's Own Pesto & Tomato Sauce- yum)***
2/3 to 1 cup mascarpone cheese
1 lb cheese tortellini (I used Family size 3 Cheese Buitoni)
2 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350ยบ.Lightly oil an 9x13" baking dish.Whisk the sauce, mascarpone cheese in a large bowl to blend.Cook tortellini in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 2 minute Drain.Add tortellini to the sauce and toss to coat.Transfer the tortellini mixture to the prepared baking dish.Top the mixture with the mozzarella and Parmesan.Cover and bake until the sauce bubbles and the cheeses on top melt, about 30 minute.

****Note the original recipe calls for plain marinara sauce & then 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped and 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped but since I used the Pesto & Tomato sauce I didn't think I needed to seasonings. If you use the plain sauce, add the seasonings when you blend the marinara & marscapone cheese.

Also you could probably use ricotta or even cottage cheese in place of the marscapone because it's so pricey. But it made it really rich and creamy!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP