Monday, October 05, 2009

Mixed Blessings

I saw this recipe in one of my favorite cookbooks and thought it'd make the perfect snack during conference. I was right. It was a huge hit!! And it made the house smell fabulous.

6 c. popped corn (this is one bag- learned that the hard way after I popped 3!!)
2 c. chow mein noodles
5 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 (6 oz) can honey roasted peanuts or almonds **I used almonds, I LOVE almonds***
1 c. Craisins

In a large pan (I used 9x13) combine popcorn and chow mein noodles. In a saucepan, melt butter and sugar. Stir in vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over popcorn and chow mein noodles and toss to coat. Bake at 250 for 1 hour, stirring every 20 mins. Stir in almonds and Craisins. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container. Makes about 10 cups.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP