Monday, October 05, 2009

Frosted Pumpkin Cookies

Fall brings out the baker in me. I love being inside baking something yummy when it's a tad cooler outside (since it doesn't get very cold here in So Cal). I found some canned pumpkin at the grocery store and knew I wanted to make something pumpkin-ish. I found this recipe here.

1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg
2 1/3 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup pumpkin seeds or chopped pecans ***didn't add as many pecans, not big nut lovers in my home (though I LOVE them)
chopped pumpkin seeds ***I didn't add these***
Cinnamon Frosting
3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3-4 tablespoons milk
Directions
Heat oven to 350F degrees.
Mix brown sugar, butter, and shortening in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and egg. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in pumpkin seeds.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet; flatten slightly.
Bake 12-15 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched in the center. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely on wire rack. Frost cookies with Cinnamon Frosting. Sprinkle with additional chopped pumpkin seeds.
Cinnamon Frosting: Mix all ingredients until smooth and spreadable.

Yummy fall treat!!

1 comments:

Unknown October 6, 2009 at 4:32 AM  

Hi. I just came over from 30days after seeing those delicious looking cookie recipes. I can't wait to try them. Looks like I will be following triedandtrue too.
Have a beautiful day...Tracy

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP