Thursday, April 09, 2009

Au Gratin Broccoli and Cauliflower

My husband hates vegetables. I have to act more like his mom at the table than a mom to my 3 kids when it comes to vegetables. He would tell you otherwise, but it's true.
I spotted this recipe today from the Sister's Cafe and it looked great. I'm always on a hunt to serve up veggies in a different way. Even Josh loved this!!!

16 oz fresh broccoli and cauliflower florets
1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
1/2 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese *I used mild, didn't have sharp
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
3 green onions, sliced *I didn't use green onions
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp ground red cayenne pepper
1 T Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 tsp paprika
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, green onions, garlic, mustard and red pepper; set aside. Cover and steam florets 6-8 minutes until crisp tender. Drain well. Arrange florets in baking dish. Spoon cheese mixture over florets. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and paprika. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP