Monday, August 18, 2008

Easiest dessert ever


Finally getting back into a routine around here. I'll be posting like crazy so keep checking back. I'm in the process of finishing our ward cookbook and I have so many recipes to post!

I originally heard about this from my sister but then my friend Tara reminded me about it (ages ago) and I did it tonight for FHE. It's the easiest cobblerish recipe you will ever ever find. But still so good.

1 stick of butter/margarine
1 box white cake mix
1 can large cherry pie filling (could use anything)

Melt the butter. Mix with cake mix. Put pie filling in 9x13 pan. Top with cake crumb mix. Bake at 350 for 30 mins.
Top with ice cream or whip cream.

5 comments:

Scrap Happy September 8, 2008 at 3:50 PM  

This is better if you add chopped pecans to the crumb mixture!

And vanilla ice cream on top is a must...

Jessica September 16, 2008 at 11:34 AM  

What fun blogs you have! Thanks for sharing all of it :)

Lorie September 16, 2008 at 4:23 PM  

Yum!! And I like the chopped pecans idea!

Browns November 9, 2008 at 1:27 PM  

I made this the other day with my 3 year old daughter. I let her do everything and just helped to make sure the cake mix was spread evenly over the fruit. My kids thought it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. I will definitely be making this again since it was so easy a toddler could do it!!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP