Friday, June 13, 2008

Cheese Stuffed Chicken


Another find from the ward cookbook my mom gave me for Christmas- gotta love those ward cookbooks. I made it for the first time last night and broke the cardinal rule of never serving something you haven't made before to company. I thought it tasted great. I did alter the recipe a bit. I'll put the exact recipe below and then my adjustments under neath.

4 medium chicken breast halves
3/4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese
1/4 c. chopped peanuts
1/4 c. bacon pieces
salt & ground black pepper
paprika
ranch dressing
Preheat oven at 350. Skin chicken, if desired. Using a sharp knife, make a pocket in each breast by cutting horizontally from side to side, leaving edges intact. In a bowl, combine mozzarella cheese, feta cheese, peanuts and bacon. Spoon filling into pockets, packing lightly (pockets will be full). Place chicken, bone side down, in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Lightly sprinkle chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and paprika. Bake, uncovered, for 50-55 mins. Drizzle ranch dressing over chicken breasts before serving.
Ok here's what I did different from the recipe:
*used boneless, skinless chicken breasts
*didn't cut slits, I flattened the chicken breasts and spooned the mix onto the chicken, then wrapped them and used toothpicks to hold them together. Put in dish seam side down.
*omitted peanuts (Josh doesn't like nuts)
*baked for only 47 mins.
*served with ranch-to dip in it- not drizzled

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP