Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"Turkey Tetrazzini"



I put it in quotation marks because I use chicken and whatever pasta I have (usually egg noodles or spaghetti but I'm sure most would work). So it's not really Turkey Tetrazzini- it's more ChickenWhateverNoodle. My mom used to make this after Thanksgiving with left over turkey. I've always loved it. Last night J (my by far pickiest eater) went back for seconds :)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1/2 c. sliced mushrooms
1/2 c. sliced onions
1/4 c. margarine
1/4 c. flour
2 c. chicken broth
1 c. 1/2 & 1/2 (I've used milk before and it was fine, also used whipping cream it was great)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 8 oz pkg spaghetti noodles (or whatever you have), cooked, drained
3 c. cooked, diced turkey (I always use chicken except right after Thanksgiving)
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Lightly brown mushrooms and onions in margarine. Stir in flour. Cook until bubbly. Stir in the broth and cream. Add salt & pepper. Cook, stirring often until mix boils. Place a layer of noodles in a buttered 9x13 pan. Mix remaining noodles with sauce and meat. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 mins or until bubbly.
This can be made ahead and refrigerated until baking time.

1 comments:

She Loves To Make October 18, 2008 at 10:39 AM  

I made this last week and it turned out awesome!!! I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for posting the great recipe!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP