Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ravioli with Sun-dried Tomato Cream Sauce

This one also came from a ward cookbook. I altered it a bit (the changes have an * by them)
2 Tbsp. butter
1 garlic clove, minced (more if you want)
1 c. chicken stock or broth
1/2 c. dry packed sun-dried tomatoes (I used from the jar with oil and they were fine)
1 c. whipping cream or 1/2 & 1/2 (*I used 2 c.)
*I also used 2 tsp. cornstarch (not in the original recipe)
8-12 oz. fresh or frozen ravioli, agnolotti or tortellini (I used 4 cheese ravioli- there wasn't a meat brand available- next time I will try the meat kind; but this was still super good)

2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil or 2 tsp. dried
2 T. chopped fresh parsley (only if using dried basil)
salt & fresh ground pepper

Melt butter in med. saucepan over low heat. Add garlic and cook 30 secs. Add stock and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered over medium heat about 10 mins. or until tomatoes are tender. Remove tomatoes with slotted spoon. Cut into smaller pieces. Return tomatoes to saucepan. Add cream/half & half and bring to boil, stirring. Simmer over medium heat until sauce is thick enough (about 5 mins). ***At this point, it wasn't thick enough for me- I added another 1 c. of cream and about 2 tsp. of cornstarch to thicken it up. It was a better, thicker consistency. I stirred it until it was how I wanted it.
Cook ravioli according to directions. Drain well. Add basil and/or parsley to sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix sauce with ravioli. And you're ready to go.

3 comments:

Mumsy February 23, 2008 at 9:40 AM  

I am so making this for dinner! YUM!!!!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) February 29, 2008 at 4:41 PM  

Thanks for the shout out on your blog roll! I have one similar to this but I do it with linguini. I'll have to try it with the ravioli!

Shay March 24, 2008 at 3:35 PM  

We had this for dinner tonight. Oh so good. This is definately and keeper! Thanks!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP