Thursday, January 10, 2008

Harvest Salad

(pic before dressing was added- and doesn't do it justice
but just for frame of reference)
I'm BAACCK....the holidays set me way back on my food blog. But the good news is I have a lot of great recipes from the last couple of months. I'll try to update them all soon. I wanted to share the salad I made tonight. It's from Heidi's Tasty Temptations. I've never met Heidi but I'd sure love to have a meal with her sometime. I love all her recipes. This one was no different. Super yum. Here it is:

Harvest Salad
2-3 chicken breasts, grilled or pan fried in 2 TBS. olive oil, sprinkling both sides with basil, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cut into thin strips or small cubes.

1 head red leaf lettuce, or small bag of fresh spinach (whichever you prefer)

1 c. diced, dried apricots

1 c. craisins or dried berry blend

bleu cheese crumbles (or mozzarella if you prefer it more mild)

Toss salad. Cover with grilled chicken strips. Pour Brianna's Blush Wine Vinaigrette over salad (this brand of dressing is crucial!). Serve while chicken is still warm. A delicious and easy salad for autumn time.

1 comments:

Max Fam January 16, 2008 at 5:38 PM  

Okay, I just read your comment and was dying with laughter! You made me sound like a chef extraordinaire! :) Okay, so maybe I'm a food freak, but I love your recipes too! If you lived in Kentucky...we would definitely have to sit down and EAT together! Feel free to keep in touch...You can email me at heidisrecipes@hotmail.com

P.S. Glad you liked the harvest salad! It's yummy, huh?

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP