Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Taco Bake

I found this recipe in the amazing {ward} cookbook I bought from Heidi a couple of years ago.
Another SUPER easy meal but my family loved it. Again, picture next time.

Brown 3/4 - 1 lbs. ground beef with onions, salt and pepper.
Once browned, add 1 can tomato soup
1.5 cups salsa (or more to taste)
1 cup shredded jack cheese ***I used mild cheddar instead (what I had on hand)
1/2 c. milk
8 corn tortillas (cut into 1 inch squares).


***After mixing it all together, I let it come to a boil and then simmer for about 5 mins so that the tortillas would soften. I have another recipe similar to this and that's what it calls for. It wasn't in this recipe but that's what I did.****


Mix well, pour into casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is bubbly on top. Serve with sour cream, guacamole, tomatoes, lettuce and tortilla chips.

1 comments:

karen February 4, 2010 at 4:28 PM  

OMG!! Sounds wonderful.
http://alzheimersandmomblog.blogspot.com/

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP