Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Zucchini Cookies

Since I started dieting I haven't had too many treats. I went on the hunt yesterday to find good, healthy alternatives. In my search I found this recipe. The disclaimer is- nothing tastes better than my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe (and I don't even like chocolate). But this is definitely a good alternative. And the kids loved them!!!

Note- I didn't add the walnuts or raisins because I knew my kids wouldn't eat them. But I definitely will next time (for me ;). I think craisins would taste good here too.


106 calories per cookie


1 c butter, at room temp
1 1/2 c sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 c. grated zucchini
2 3/4 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 c walnuts, chopped
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 c raisins
1 c sweetened flaked coconut
Preheat oven to 350. In a large a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in zucchini. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add to zucchini mix. Stir in nuts, chocolate chips, raisins, and coconut. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto buttered cookie sheets. Bake until lightly browned, 15 to 20 mins. Transfer to a rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.

2 comments:

Caren @ The Attic Studio October 2, 2009 at 4:44 PM  

Zucchini Cookies! I've never heard of this, but will definitely try. I was gifted a giant zucchini from someone's garden this year and ended up making zucchini bread until I was blue in the face. This will break it up a bit ;) So glad I found your blog!

Alex December 1, 2009 at 12:21 PM  

Delish! I tried these a few weeks ago!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP