Monday, June 23, 2008

Mom's Pasta Salad


We went to my mother-in-law's house last night for Sunday dinner. I was supposed to bring a salad but didn't have the ingredients for a green salad. So I decided to make my mom's pasta salad. It's always really good. Everyone likes it. It's easy. And it's great when it's 112 degrees outside. I didn't have the normal ingredients, so I fudged a little. It still tasted great. The recipe below includes approximations; make changes depending on your likes/dislikes.


1 box rotini noodles, cooked according to directions, drained (last night I used tri color but normal I just use the regular ones)
1/2 bag-1 bag frozen chopped broccoli (fresh can be used), cooked, cut into smaller pieces
2 tomatoes, diced (I used cherry tomatoes cut in half last night)
1 can sliced olives
1/2 bell pepper chopped (bigger chunks)
a few carrots diced
1-2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 bottle of your favorite Italian dressing (I usually use Wishbone)


After noodles have cooled down, throw all ingredients together. Chill- the longer the better- the Italian dressing soaks in over time. And you want the broccoli to be cooked but cold. I always add cheese after everything is cooled down because you don't want it to melt into the pasta.

4 comments:

jess June 23, 2008 at 8:05 PM  

so funny... we just had this for dinner tonight! great minds think alike!

nicole June 28, 2008 at 11:49 AM  

I make a pasta salad like this and it is really good and super easy.Perfect for a party.

Kristin July 3, 2008 at 4:25 PM  

YOU WIN! I randomly chose your comment for my flower pin drawing, so email me at kristin@graceviolet.com so that I can get it out to you. Congrats!

Henry July 3, 2008 at 5:44 PM  

mique, that looks awesome. and i know you love giveaways like i do, swing on over to mine! so exciting!
http://www.nowenteringmomville.blogspot.com/

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP