Sunday, September 23, 2007

Apple-Pear Crumble Pie

(I hate taking pics at night with flash- this does not do it justice...hopefully you get the idea)
I got this recipe here. Have I mentioned before how much I love the Kraft Foods Food & Family free mag? Well I do. They have pretty easy recipes that never seem to fail me. I tried this one out for dessert tonight and it was a hit. Josh wanted vanilla ice cream with his too. So it was a la mode. It takes a lot like a cobbler but with that hint of cream cheese- sooo yummy.
Also, I did double the amount of ingredients for the crumb topping (it is NOT reflected in the recipe below). I just seemed like at the end before I stuck it in the oven there was not enough crumb mix so I made another little batch- didn't take long, it was no big deal.

3/4 cup crushed NILLA Wafers (about 24 wafers)
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of 15-oz. pkg.)
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) Cream Cheese, softened
2 large baking apples, peeled, sliced
1 large fresh pear, peeled, sliced
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup flour, divided
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1-1/4 cups thawed Whipped Topping
PREHEAT oven to 375ºF. Mix wafer crumbs, brown sugar and butter until well blended; set aside.
PLACE pie crust in greased 9-inch pie plate. Spread cream cheese carefully onto bottom of crust; sprinkle with half of the crumb mixture. Set aside. Combine fruit in large bowl. Add granulated sugar, flour and cinnamon; toss to coat. Spoon over crumb layer in pie crust; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
BAKE 35 min. or until fruit is tender and crust is lightly browned, covering loosely with foil after 25 min. if necessary to prevent crust from overbrowning. Cool on wire rack. Serve topped with the whipped topping. Store any leftover pie in refrigerator.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP