Sunday, September 02, 2007

French Country Chicken


One of my latest newfound favorites. I was trying to find a recipe that was close to the French Country Chicken at one of my favorite local restaurants & this is pretty close. It tastes great with a side of mashed potatoes and broccoli. I found it on Recipezaar. This picture does not do it justice!


2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 1/2 lbs
boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups
water
1 package Knorr vegetable soup mix
1 slice
lemons
1/2 cup
sour cream
1 tablespoon
cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon
dry dill weed

In a large skillet, melt margarine over medium high heat.
Add chicken and saute for 5 minutes.
Stir in water, soup mix and lemon.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low.
Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
Remove chicken and discard lemon.
In small bowl, combine sour cream, corn starch and dill weed.
Add to skillet, stirring constantly.
Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
Reduce heat, simmer 1 minute.
Serve over chicken.

4 comments:

Wendi September 5, 2007 at 6:13 PM  

Yum. I made this for dinner tonight for our dinner trade and it was great! Thanks for sharing!

Wendi September 5, 2007 at 6:20 PM  

By the way, I love that you wrote down what you served for side dishes. So helpful! I didn't even have to do any thinking!

kelly September 6, 2007 at 1:15 AM  

it all looks yummy. i can't wait to try them out.

oda41143 Missy January 16, 2008 at 5:44 PM  

I made this for dinner tonight and I LOVE IT!!!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP